This Vulcan self-vulcanizing tape is designed to wrap around ignition wire, boots, and connectors. It can also seal out moisture, while protecting wires from the harmful effects of excessive heat. The specially formulated silicone rubber vulcanizes automatically, providing adhesion when the tape surfaces make contact. At 1 in. wide and 10 ft. long, Vulcan self-vulcanizing tape is an excellent alternative to applying heat shrink sleeves and insulated wire sleeving to spark plug wires.
Made of silicone rubber, Vulcan self vulcanizing tape rolls will protect electrical connections, hoses, and spark plug boots from extremely high temperatures.
VULCAN SILICONE TAPE FEATURES
- No Adhesive Residue Upon Removal
- Available in a Wide Variety of Colors
- Seamless Self-Fusing Silicone Tape
- Completely Cures Within 24 Hours
- Salt Water Resistant
- An Excellent Insulator with High Dielectric Strength
- Creates a Permanent Air-Tight, Water-Tight Seal in seconds
- Alternative to Heat Shrink Tubing
- Self Fusing and Begins Curing Immediately
- Forms a Permanent Moisture Tight Seal
- Ideal for High Temperature Applications
- Resists Fuels, Oils, Acids, Solvents, Road Salt, UV Rays
VULCAN SILICONE TAPE SPECIFICATIONS
- Dielectric Strength: 400 volts per mil (vpm)
- Operating Temperature: -60F to 500F (-51.11C to 260C)
- Water Absorption 3% Max. by Weight
- MIL-SPEC: Meets A-A-59163
- Tensile Strength: 700 psi (Kg/cm 49.226)
- Elongation: 300%
- Width & Length 1X10 (2.54000cm X 3.04800m)
Installation Instructions for
Vulcan Self Vulcanizing Fusing Tape
- Clean surface that the tape will be applied to.
- Make two wraps where the tape begins. Spiral the tape with a slight pull to ensure a tight bond.
- When the area is covered, make two wraps at the end to seal the tape.